3 most important things to have when you play the Blues.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

About a week ago I asked this question all on Facebook. I have a lot of great answers ranging from the heart, soul, space, feeling, and more. I thought much of this question and after some thought, I came up with what I consider to be the 3 things you must have to play the Blues.


Here's my 3 and an explanation about how I came to this opinion.

1. Capacity

This covers virtually all the technical aspects of playing blues as bend, vibrato, articulation and speed, other technical areas. ?Now that we got this out of the image we can move on. ?It must have ability. ?No matter how much heart and soul that you have, if you do not have any skill that doesn't matter. ?Without it, simply will not be able to play what you want to communicate with the heart and soul.


So how do you get the ability?


It is simple. ?Practice, practice, practice and more practice. ?Once you have the possibility, then can continue for other 2 areas that are equally important.

2. emotional connection

To me this can be very difficult. ?What I mean by emotional connection connects the heart and soul with his hands. ?Even if you can, doesn't mean that you'll be able to communicate to the public, the heart and soul of what is inside you. ?You need to learn how to connect the feeling of your heart, what comes out of his fingers when playing guitar. ?This is not easy in my mind. ?You may not think to impress the public, or on display. ?You must remove all those thoughts out of your head and start to play from your heart. ?Now you'll be able to translate the feelings of your heart to the toes, and can be made an emotional connection.


Have you ever had one of those nights where everything that is great, and is also not looking? ?I Have. ?Somehow things just flow out of you. ?It seems that you can do no wrong. ?Every time you play, it seems that all the emotions that carry are perfectly translated through his fingers as something else took over, and you're just the vehicle for your spirit check your skill. ?It is quite an experience and it is very difficult to recreate only.


To me, it seems that you have to put yourself in the right state of mind before playing in order to achieve this. ?This can also be very difficult because if you start thinking too much about it, then it probably won't happen for you. ?I think it can happen by arriving at a peaceful place in your life where you're comfortable with yourself by playing the music we love for people. If this can happen, then I think the rest will take care of itself.

3. Trust

Now that you have the ability and can translate the excitement from your heart and soul for the fingers, I think we must also have confidence to complete the triangle. ?I can tell you from experience that without trust, then you won't be able to put on a great performance indeed. ?I remember playing a gig once and I had the ability and felt like my mind was just space, but for some reason my confidence was shot. ?I was playing pretty well, I thought, but it seemed that I was very shy and had no confidence in what I was playing. ?Demonstrated too. ?That made it even worse. ?What I'm trying to say is that you must have in mind that you're going to play a concert. ?I do not mean that you have to be arrogant about it, but you have to say to yourself what a great performance that you put in your head.


Thinking about baseball. Think great home run hitters go up to the motto, "I hope that you do not delete." ?NO! ?Should we say, "I'm going to hit this one out the Park! Take her jug! " ?I think that when batters get in collapses that begin to think about hitting, and exit the collapse can be a very mind to build back their confidence once again.


After thinking about this for a while, it occurred to me that all 3 of these are needed. ?You can't play the blues with happened without each of them. ?Think About It. ?If you have confidence and an emotional link but no capacity, does not sound good. ?If you have the ability and emotional connection, but distrust not sound good. If you have skills and confidence but no emotional connection, then you still don't sound good. ?No matter how you stack them, you need all 3.


So there are my 3 important things to the blues playing.


Do you agree? ?Disagree? ?I'd love to hear your opinion. ?Leave one below and start the conversation.


View the original article here


4 comments:

webmaster said...

Well that's really helpful blog for me, I really appreciate this blog, thanks for the sharing this.Electric Guitar

Anonymous said...

Thank you, your information is very usefulBy- RS

what my blog said...

Nice blog and and really helpful.
Thank you for good information by ABas

Unknown said...

That is a nice guitar lessons, amazing! I appreciate that. I am offering a FREE e-book on how to play a guitar, check it out.